David L. Hatchett – Attorney
David provides representation to clients in nearly all aspects of environmental law, including permitting, compliance assistance, enforcement actions and litigation. David has provided representation to clients before various federal, state and local regulatory agencies and civil and administrative courts, from the U.S. EPA Environmental Appeals Board in Washington, D.C. to state and federal courts. His areas of experience include air, site remediation, water and wetlands, underground storage tank, waste, chemical and spill reporting, environmental aspects of business and property transfers, and natural resource issues.
The majority of David’s work is on behalf of large industrial clients, although he does represent smaller entities as well. David represents clients in the steel mill, public utility, mining, automotive parts, aluminum manufacturing, scrap metal processing, convenience store operation, and environmental consulting industries, among others. His practice also includes representation of governmental and quasi-governmental entities with environmental legal needs. David has worked on matters in more than 20 states.
David’s undergraduate and master’s degrees in environmental science and management help bridge the gap between the legal and technical issues, thereby avoiding the time and expense often needed to bring an attorney up to speed.
Admitted to practice
- Indiana, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 1996
- Law Review
- Dean’s List
- Indiana University, MPA, Environmental Science and Management, 1996
- Indiana University, BSPA with high distinction, Environmental Science and Management, 1993
- Baker & Daniels (now Faegre Baker Daniels), Indiana
- McHale Cook & Welch, P.C. (now Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP), Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Environmental Section, past chair (2002) and current member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Environmental Section
- American Bar Association, Section on Environment, Energy and Resources
- Presenter and/or program chair at numerous environmental seminars